This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosures.
This Cashew Cream recipe is an absolutely heavenly vegan alternative to whipped cream or yoghurt and is so versatile that you can serve it with dessert or even breakfast.
This incredible Vegan Cream is made with soaked cashews easily blended to create a wonderful alternative to dairy cream or yoghurt. Thick, smooth, velvety and luxurious that even if you are not vegan then you will be devouring this cream up with a spoon.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It's so easy to make
- Perfect alternative to whipped cream if you are vegan or dairy-free
- Only 5 ingredients (1 of which is water)
List of ingredients
- unsalted blanched cashews
- coconut milk
- vanilla extract
- maple syrup
- filtered water
How to make Cashew Cream
- Soak the cashews in very hot water for 15 minutes.
- Drain then add to a high speed blender with coconut milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup and fresh water.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth, scraping the sides down every so often.
How long do you soak cashews for?
Many recipes call for you to soak the cashews overnight in room temperature water. This is a perfectly fine method, if you remember the night before. However, you can achieve exactly the same result if you soak the cashews in very hot water for just 15 minutes.
Very hot water means boiling the water in a kettle. Pour the water into a medium sized bowl and leave for two minutes before adding the cashews.
Tip for best results: If you make the Cashew Cream with filtered water then it will keep longer in the fridge as well.
Serving suggestions for Cashew Cream
- Gorgeous accompaniment to this Vegan Quinoa Breakfast Porridge
- Makes this Dairy Free & Gluten Free Chocolate Torte totally luxurious.
- Serve straight from the fridge as a topping for a warm pie or crumble. This is divine.
- Drizzled over a fruit salad, especially chopped bananas.
- Topped over a bowl of granola. Try this vegan Kid Friendly Granola - adored by adults too!
- As a sweet dip for biscuits or cookies.
- Dolloped over warm scones with plenty of jam.
- Try topped over these Vegan Chocolate Courgette Muffins for an incredible treat
How to store
This Vegan Cashew Cream is best stored in the fridge and consumed within 5 days.
More cashew recipes you'll love
I urge you to give this Cashew Cream a try. If you do then please leave a comment below and give the recipe a rating which helps others find the recipe on Google. If you then go on to use this recipe as a launch pad for your own culinary creation then I’d also love it if you’d share it and tag me on Instagram. It is so lovely for me to see your versions and variations of my recipes.
Cashew Cream - Easy Vegan Cream
- 300 g unsalted blanched cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 250 g water to blend
- Cover the cashews with hot water (not boiling) and set aside to soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water from the cashews and tip them into a blender. Add the coconut milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup, water and blend on a high speed.
- Scrape down the sides every so often. It should take about 3 minutes in a really good blender. The finished consistency should be completely smooth like yoghurt.
- To achieve the very hot water, boil the water then pour into a medium sized bowl. Leave for 2 minutes before adding the cashews
The Cashew Cream can keep for up to 5 days in the fridge. If you make the cashew cream with filtered water it will last longer.
- Please note when you see ‘grams’ listed as opposed to ‘millilitres,’ or any other term of measurement, that is not incorrect. I weigh all of my ingredients, including liquids, for accuracy.
- US customary measurements for the ingredients provided are based on a conversion calculator. This recipe was tested with metric measurements and I recommend using a digital scale to weigh ingredients for the most accurate results. READ MORE >>> Why you should always weigh vs measuring with cups