This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosures.
This Banana and Walnut Paleo Pancake recipe is incredibly versatile, flourless and produces quick but absolutely scrumptious pancakes with minimal ingredients.
This year is the first year I will actually be eating pancakes on pancake day and I’m very excited about it. It always seems to fall on a day when I’m dieting. This year is no exception but thanks to this recipe I am not letting that stop me. Don’t be scared that I’ve labeled these paleo or skip over as you don’t follow the paleo plan, I would happily serve this to anyone happening to drop by and would make absolutely no apologies.
2 Ingredient Paleo Pancakes
The simplicity of the recipe is that it only really relies on 2 ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
Whatever else you throw in is up to you. As they do not contain any flour they are much lighter than a regular pancake which also means you can quickly whip up a batch mid week without being weighed down all morning by a heavy breakfast.
How to make Paleo Pancakes
The method is so simple it doesn't really require a recipe. You need 1 egg and 1 banana per person
- Peel and mash the banana
- Whisk it into the egg
- Stir in your add-ins. Here it's vanilla extract and ground walnuts
- Melt the coconut oil in a wide bottomed pan and ladle in the pancake batter. About 2 tablespoons per pancake.
- Cook for 3 minutes, flip then cook for an extra 1 ½ minutes.
Paleo Pancake Tips!
- Make sure the banana is a couple of days old so it’s mashable and will give the best banana flavour.
- Add ground nuts for flavour, texture and extra protein. Feel free to substitute the walnuts with almonds or pecans if you prefer.
Alternative Add-Ins and Toppings
- Add blueberries into the batter
- A pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg will hint at sweetness
- Lemon zest
- Or go wild at the weekend and top with a heaping of crispy salty bacon drizzled with maple syrup.
If you need more gluten-free pancake recipes why not try?
If you make these Paleo Pancakes then please leave a comment below and/or give the recipe a rating. If you then go on to use this recipe as a launch pad for your own baking creation then I’d also love it if you’d share it and tag me on Instagram. It is so lovely for me to see your versions and variations of my recipes.
Banana and Walnut Paleo Pancakes
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salted butter - optional
- Peel and mash the banana then whisk it up with 1 egg.
- Add the vanilla extract and ground walnuts.
- Melt 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a frying pan. Ladle in the pancake batter, you should be able to get 3 pancakes from this batter, each about 40-50ml.
- Heat the pancake through on a gentle heat for 3 minutes on the first side, then flip over and heat for 1½ minutes on the other side.