This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosures.
Feta Pesto with Pistachio & Mint is beautifully bright, fresh and creamy. Wonderful in pasta but also delicious drizzled over grilled meat or roasted veggies.
This Feta Pesto with Pistachio & Mint is a bright and fresh pesto with so many layers of flavour. The feta and pistachio give a fresh creaminess and sweet savouriness to the proceedings whilst the mint provides lovely bite with a zing of lemon to bring everything into harmony. I recommend making it with the best feta you can find, and fresh garden mint.
Why you'll love this recipe
- So versatile.
- Easy to make in the food processor.
- A great alternative to a traditional green pesto.
- Gorgeous layering of fresh, salty, savoury umami flavours.
- A lovely base to this Simple Brown Rice Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette.
Full list of ingredients needed
- Fresh mint
- Fresh parsley
- Garlic cloves
- Black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make it
- Grind the pistachios in a food processor.
- Add the mint, parsley and garlic and process until chopped very finely.
- Add feta, lemon juice and black pepper and process until all the ingredients come together to form a thick paste.
- Stream in the olive oil slowly with the motor still running to create your delicious pesto.
More recipes you'll love
- Simple Brown Rice Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette
- Tahini Turmeric Dressing
- Homemade Smoky Fajita Seasoning Paste
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Anchovy Sauce
- Green Tomato Ketchup
I urge you to give this Feta Pistachio Mint Pesto a try. If you do then please leave a comment below and give the recipe a rating which helps others find the recipe on Google. If you then go on to use this recipe as a launch pad for your own culinary creation then I’d also love it if you’d share it and tag me on Instagram. It is so lovely for me to see your versions and variations of my recipes.
Feta Pesto with Pistachio & Mint
- 80 g shelled roasted salted pistachios
- 30 g fresh mint* - leaves removed from stalks
- 15 g parsley - including stalks
- 1 clove garlic
- 80 g feta
- Juice of ½ lemon
- black pepper
- 150 g extra virgin olive oil
- Place the pistachios in a food processor and blitz until finely ground.
- Add the mint, parsley and garlic and blitz again until chopped very finely.
- Scoop the feta into the food processor, squeeze in the lemon, and grind in some black pepper then whizz up again so that all the ingredients come together to form a thick paste.
- Then with the food processor still on, stream in the olive oil slowly so that it incorporates into the paste and forms a smooth pesto.
- Please note when you see ‘grams’ listed as opposed to ‘millilitres,’ or any other term of measurement, that is not incorrect. I weigh all of my ingredients, including liquids, for accuracy.
- US customary measurements for the ingredients provided are based on a conversion calculator. This recipe was tested with metric measurements and I recommend using a digital scale to weigh ingredients for the most accurate results. READ MORE >>> Why you should always weigh vs measuring with cups