No-Bake Salted Chocolate Energy Bars
These No-Bake Salted Chocolate Energy Bars are the perfect pick-me-up, using only natural ingredients, no refined sugar, no gluten, no dairy for the ultimate salty-sweet treat.
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time2 hrs 30 mins
Servings: 12 bars
- 10 medjool dates pitted and roughly chopped
- 50 g cashews roasted and roughly chopped
- 50 g pistachios roughly chopped
- 50 g gluten-free crisped rice or rice krispies
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 50 g almond butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 175 g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Line and grease a 20cm square tin.
Place the dates in a small bowl with 75ml boiling water, stirring to make sure they are evenly submerged. Leave to half an hour to soak.
Meanwhile mix the cashews, pistachios, crisped rice, sesame seeds, chia seeds and ground flaxseed in a large bowl.
When the dates have finished soaking pour them, with their soaking water, into a food processor along with the coconut oil, almond butter, vanilla extract and salt and blend until smooth.
Pour over the nuts and seeds until everything is evenly mixed.
Press the mixture into the tin so that it is nice and even on top then place in the fridge for at least an hour to set.
Melt the chocolate, coconut oil and salt in the bain marie, then pour over the set nuts and seeds and spread out evenly with a palette knife.
Place back in the fridge for at least an hour to set.
Remove from the fridge and cut into bars.
- When you line your tin, bring the baking parchment all the way up the sides to make it ultra easy to remove the bars from the tin after the final set.
- I recommend keeping your bars in the fridge to keep their perfect consistency. They should last up to 10 days but it’s unlikely they will.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 369mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1.1% | Vitamin C: 0.3% | Calcium: 7.1% | Iron: 16.7%