This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosures.
Salted Peanut Butter Blond Chocolate Mousse is for lovers of all things peanut butter and butterscotchy. Rich, indulgent and definitely destined for special occasions.
My love for all things peanut butter and chocolate knows no bounds. At Christmas, knowing Luke would include some sort of chocolate in my stocking I gave him a gentle hint that the best received chocolate would involve caramel or peanut butter. He complied and all was well on Christmas morning.
Peanut butter and blond chocolate though hadn’t been something I had thought to put together before, but my gosh does it work like gangbusters.
I have played around and experimented with blond chocolate many times, its smooth butterscotch taste is sweet, toasty and with a more adult caramelised taste than white chocolate.
I have also included a blond chocolate mousse on this blog before thanks to the ultra indulgent Blond Chocolate Mousse Cake which you can find back in my archives and which I have been intending to take new photos of for a while since my old ones really don’t do it justice.
In fact that was this intention for this post but suddenly I found myself reaching for the peanut butter and stirring it into the melted blond chocolate on a whim.
This suddenly became a mousse that shouldn’t be included as part of a larger recipe as it was too damn delicious in its own right. The earthiness of the peanut butter pairs brilliantly with the smooth sweetness of the blond chocolate.
The mousse is incredibly rich though so it does need the good dollop of unsweetened whipped cream adorning the top to temper its decadence. As such you also don’t need much of the mousse to satisfy, even though at first bite you think you could probably eat about four bowls of the dessert to yourself.
Blond chocolate isn’t cheap. The brand I like the best is Valrhona and your best bet is to order it on line via specialist chocolate stockists like Chocolate Trading Co but that’s why it’s perfect for special occasions, like Valentine’s Day which I hear is just around the corner, as it really isn’t something you would knock up for an everyday dessert.
However, it’s still easy and quick to make so you won’t be messing around in the kitchen for too long. As a bonus you can whip it up in advance so you get maximum effect for the simple effort of 20 minutes of prep the day before.
If you love peanut butter and chocolate and want to make something a little special and different then I couldn’t recommend this Salted Peanut Butter Blond Chocolate Mousse enough. Super indulgent and delicious.
Salted Peanut Butter Blond Chocolate Mousse
- 200 g blond chocolate - I used Valrhona Dulcey
- 75 g peanut butter - natural, unsalted and unsweetened
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 medium eggs - separated
- 150 ml whipping cream
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie or a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Once the chocolate has melted then stir in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Remove the chocolate peanut butter from the heat and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Lightly whisk the egg yolks together then pour carefully into the chocolate peanut butter, stirring to combine.
- In a very clean bowl whisk the egg whites to firm peaks.
- Using a metal spoon, fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to loosen it, then carefully fold in the rest.
- Divide the mousse equally into four serving bowls or glasses. Place in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
- Just before you are ready to serve, whisk the whipping cream until thick and floppy and spoon equally over the top of each individial mousse. Decorate with shavings of blond chocolate.