English Mint Potato Salad (without mayonnaise)
English Mint Potato Salad is a light and healthy dairy-free potato salad. It is ideal for picnics or outdoors eating as it doesn’t have any mayo so there is no risk of spoiling in the hot
Servings: 6 people
- 750 g new potatoes washed and halved
- 120 g tenderstem broccoli tips
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves chopped finely
Place the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the tenderstem broccoli to the saucepan and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
Turn off the heat and remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon, dropping it into a bowl of iced water.
Drain the potatoes and place in a large bowl.
Add the tenderstem broccoli and the sliced spring onions to the bowl. Toss together and leave whilst you make the dressing.
Whisk the apple cider vinegar and salt in a small bowl until the salt has dissolved. Whisk in the honey and olive oil until smooth.
Stir in the mint leaves and pour the dressing over the salad. Toss the salad to dress completely
Serve the potato salad warm or at room temperature.
- Tenderstem Broccoli – you can substitute for regular broccoli.
- Vegan - You can substitute the honey for agave syrup for a vegan version.
- Make Ahead - The Potato Salad will keep up to 3 days in the fridge.
- US customary measurements for the ingredients provided are based on a conversion calculator. This recipe was tested with metric measurements and I recommend using a digital scale to weigh ingredients for the most accurate results. READ MORE >>> Why you should always weigh vs measuring with cups
Please note that the nutrition information provided below is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients you use. Please seek a professional nutritionist’s advice for further clarification.
The nutrition serving is for 1 serving of potatoes, assuming you are portioning the salad into 6 servings.
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 558mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 505IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1.4mg