Spiced Roast Squash and Goats Cheese Salad
Spiced Roast Squash and Goats Cheese Salad combines sweetly caramelised roasted butternut squash, cream and cooling goats cheese with fruity muscat grapes with a garlicky blackberry vinaigrette
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 2 people
- ½ small butternut squash peeled and cubed
- ½ teaspoon shawarma spice blend
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 g goats cheese crumbled
- large handful of radicchio roughly torn
- small handful of sorrel roughly chopped
- large handful of rocket
- small handful muscat grapes halved
- small handful of pumpkin seeds
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons blackberry vinegar or any other fruity vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ garlic clove crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Toss the butternut squash pieces with the spices, olive oil and a bit of seasoning and roast in an oven pre-heated to 170°C for about 20-25 minutes. When ready remove from the oven and leave to cool to room temperature whilst you prepare the rest of the salad.
In a large salad bowl throw together the goats cheese, radicchio, sorrel, rocket and grapes and set aside whilst you prepare the dressing.
Whisk the blackberry vinegar with the mustard and plenty of salt and pepper until smooth then add the garlic clove.
Keep whisking the dressing then drizzle in the olive oil slowly until the dressing has completely emulsified.
Add the butternut squash to the rest of the salad and then pour the dressing over using a judicious hand.
Finally serve, scattering the pumpkin seeds over as you do.
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 247mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 12570IU | Vitamin C: 23.8mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 2mg