Instant Pot Carrot and Swede Mash
Carrot and Swede Mash is an incredibly versatile vegetable dish. It is very satisfying and a great option if you are avoiding heavy carbs. Using the Instant Pot is a great way to make Carrot and Swede Mash as you can get it on the table in just 20 minutes.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 swede 800g
- 500 g carrots peeled and chopped roughly
- 250 ml chicken stock or vegetable stock or water
- 50 g unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Place the peeled and diced carrot and swede in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Pour over the stock.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealed.
Press Pressure Cook and set the timer for 8 minutes.
When the timer goes off, turn off the Instant Pot.
Quick release the pressure from the pot.
Drain the carrot and swede and return to the Instant Pot.
Add the butter, salt and pepper and mash until relatively smooth.
Serve straightaway, sprinkled with parsley if you like.
- This is the Instant Pot we use.
- Use organic vegetables if you can.
- You can use fresh stock or a stock cube. Don’t waste the stock when you drain the vegetables though but reserve for making gravy.
- Make Ahead – you can make and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- Freeze – you can freeze Carrot and Swede Mash for up to 3 months.
- You don’t need to use the Instant Pot, a large saucepan will do as well. However, you must cover the vegetables with the stock and cook for 45 minutes with the lid on. The rest of the method is the same.
- Add a splash of whipping cream for the ultimate Creamy Carrot and Swede Mash.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 507mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 14130IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg