Cashew Cream - Easy Vegan Cream
This Cashew Cream is a heavenly vegan alternative to whipped cream. It's easy to make, smooth, velvety, thick and luxurious. You can serve with your favourite dessert or even breakfast.
- 300 g unsalted blanched cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 250 g water to blend
Cover the cashews with hot water (not boiling) and set aside to soak for 15 minutes.
Drain the water from the cashews and tip them into a blender. Add the coconut milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup, water and blend on a high speed.
Scrape down the sides every so often. It should take about 3 minutes in a really good blender. The finished consistency should be completely smooth like yoghurt.
- To achieve the very hot water, boil the water then pour into a medium sized bowl. Leave for 2 minutes before adding the cashews
The Cashew Cream can keep for up to 5 days in the fridge. If you make the cashew cream with filtered water it will last longer.
- Please note when you see ‘grams’ listed as opposed to ‘millilitres,’ or any other term of measurement, that is not incorrect. I weigh all of my ingredients, including liquids, for accuracy.
- US customary measurements for the ingredients provided are based on a conversion calculator. This recipe was tested with metric measurements and I recommend using a digital scale to weigh ingredients for the most accurate results. READ MORE >>> Why you should always weigh vs measuring with cups
Please note that the nutrition information provided below is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients you use. Please seek a professional nutritionist’s advice for further clarification.
The nutrition serving is for 1 serving of cream.
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg