Gluten-Free Toad in the Hole
A total British classic, this Gluten-Free Toad in the Hole is easy to make for the whole family. The batter is made in the blender with no resting time.
Servings: 4 people
- 8 pork sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 225 ml whole milk
- 3 eggs medium
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 90 g white rice flour
- 90 g tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
Pre-heat the oven to 220°C /200°C fan / gas mark 6.
Pour the oil into a large roasting dish, brushing it up the sides of the dish. Drop in the sausages and roast for 20 minutes.
Pour the milk, eggs, Dijon mustard, flours and salt into a blender and blend for a minute until smooth.
Remove the roasting dish from the oven.
Pour the batter into the roasting dish among the sausages.
Place the roasting dish back into the oven and cook for a further 25 minutes.
The Toad in the Hole should be crisp and have risen gallantly. Serve immediately with homemade gravy.
- You don't have to use a blender for the batter, you can whisk together in a large mixing bowl.
- Use good quality thick pork sausages.
- You can make the recipe dairy-free by using non-dairy milk for the batter.
- This is a very generous serving for 4 people. To make the recipe for more people simply add more sausages. Do not alter the quantity of batter. Serve with extra vegetables and buttery mashed potato if needed.
- Click here for Homemade Gluten-Free Gravy Recipe
Calories: 989kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 72g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 291mg | Sodium: 1813mg | Potassium: 697mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 439IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 3mg