Happiness Bread is a soft savoury gluten-free and grain-free bread, packed with sweet potato, nuts and seeds with the golden scent of turmeric which is perfect for kick-starting your day.
Servings: 10 slices
- 400 g cooked sweet potato* about 3
- 4 eggs medium
- 140 g cashew butter
- 60 g coconut oil melted to liquid state
- 75 g coconut flour
- 30 g tapioca flour
- 75 g walnut halves
- 30 g chia seeds
- 25 g flaked almonds
- 25 g pumpkin seeds
- 20 g sunflower seeds
- 20 g sesame seeds
- 15 g ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
Pre-heat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas mark 4 and line and grease a 2lb loaf tin.
Beat the sweet potato, eggs, cashew butter and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl or food mixer.
Reserve a few of the nuts and seeds for sprinkling on the top of the loaf.
Combine the coconut flour, tapioca flour, the rest of the nuts and seeds, turmeric, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
Tip the dry ingredients into the sweet potato mixture and beat until well combined.
Pour into the loaf tin, smooth down the top and scatter over the reserved nuts and seeds.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted cocktail stick comes out clean.
You can prepare the sweet potato in the oven or the Instant Pot:
Happiness Bread is very moist and as such keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days. (or 3 days out of the fridge)
It can be frozen for up to 2 months. It’s a good idea to freeze in slices so you can remove them from the freezer the night before you want to eat some.
- To cook in the oven wrap each potato in aluminium foil and bake for 1-1 ½ hours (depending on the size of the potato). Leave to cool then unwrap from the foil, peel away the skins and mash the flesh with a fork.
- To cook in the Instant Pot, pour in 250ml of water into the Instant Pot insert. Set over a trivet and place the whole sweet potatoes in a single layer. Pressure cook for 15 minutes and then quick release after 5 minutes. Peel the sweet potatoes away from their skins and mash with a fork.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 242mg | Potassium: 452mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5770IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 3.1mg