Garbage Salad is made at the end of the week to use up all the odds and ends from the fridge, supplemented by fridge staples such as salami and halloumi. No extra shopping required.
Servings: 2 people
- 180 g halloumi sliced and grilled
- 100 g salami cubed
- ½ avocado diced
- ½ little gem lettuce chopped finely
- ¼ cucumber halved, seeds removed and sliced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes diced finely
- 1 celery stick diced
- 3 tablespoons sweetcorn
- ¼ red pepper diced
- ¼ yellow pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons olives sliced
- small handful parsley leaves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon American yellow mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Make the salad by tossing all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together then pour over the salad, mixing well with salad forks.
Calories: 853kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 72g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 2472mg | Potassium: 784mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1360IU | Vitamin C: 57.5mg | Calcium: 942mg | Iron: 1.6mg