Gluten-Free Savoury Breakfast Muffins with Cheese & Bacon
These Gluten-Free Savoury Breakfast Muffins are xanthan gum free and use only oats and almond flour. Gorgeously cheesy, punctured with bacon bits and glistening with honey
Servings: 10 muffins
- 180 g cream cheese
- 125 g cheddar cheese* grated
- 80 g unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs medium size, 60g with shell
- 2 tablespoons honey + 2 tablespoons extra for brushing
- 160 g rolled gluten-free oats
- 80 g almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 100 g streaky bacon grilled, cooled and diced
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4 and line a muffin tin with 10 muffin cases.
Place the cream cheese, cheddar, melted butter, eggs and honey in a large bowl and beat together until smooth.
Whisk the oats, almond flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, mustard powder and paprika together in a separate bowl until thoroughly combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, along with the chopped bacon and mix until well combined.
Divide the batter into the 10 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
Remove the muffins from the oven and immediately transfer to a cooling rack.
Heat the extra honey in a small saucepan until runny then brush the honey over the top of each muffin until they are glistening.
*I love to use Red Leicester cheese for these muffins as well as the beautiful orange colour of the cheese makes the muffins look deeply tempting.
The muffins will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container in a cool dark place (not the fridge)
These muffins will freeze well for up to 2 months.
- Please note when you see ‘grams’ listed as opposed to ‘millilitres,’ or any other term of measurement, that is not incorrect. I weigh all of my ingredients, including liquids, for accuracy.
- US customary measurements for the ingredients provided are based on a conversion calculator. This recipe was tested with metric measurements and I recommend using a digital scale to weigh ingredients for the most accurate results. READ MORE >>> Why you should always weigh vs measuring with cups
Please note that the nutrition information provided below is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients you use. Please seek a professional nutritionist’s advice for further clarification.
The nutrition serving is for 1 muffin.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 271mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 640IU | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 1.4mg