Roasted Aubergine and Courgette with Sumac and Herbs
These easy Roasted Aubergine and Courgettes are sprinkled with sumac and tossed with fresh herbs and a squeeze of lemon before serving. A wonderful vegetable dish which can be eaten hot or as part of a salad buffet.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 aubergines
- 2 courgettes
- 60 ml olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon sumac
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 g mint leaves roughly chopped
- 10 g coriander leaves roughly chopped
- 10 g parsley leaves roughly chopped
- Wedge of lemon
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
Prepare the courgette and aubergine by slicing off the stems. Cut each one in half width ways. Halve each again lengthways and then cut into 16 wedges in total.
Place the wedges on a baking tray then toss with the olive oil, sumac and salt and pepper.
Roast for 30-40 minutes, checking halfway through to give a good mix around.
Once the aubergine and courgette are soft, lightly browned and slightly crispy at the corners then remove from the oven.
Sprinkle over the fresh herbs, mixing together with a squeeze of lemon.
- Cut aubergine browns quickly so don’t leave it hanging around the kitchen after you have turned it into wedges.
- You can enjoy this dish hot from the oven or cooled and served at room temperature.
- Lovely served with grilled lamb or chicken or tossed through pasta for a vegan option.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 821mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 734IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg