Matcha Protein Breakfast Shake
An energising delicious breakfast shake which is gluten-free, sugar-free and vegan. Guaranteed to motivate you and your body.
Servings: 1 large shake
- 1 banana
- ½ avocado
- 25 g kale 1 large handful, blanched
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 3 teaspoons hemp protein powder
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 250 ml coconut water
- 3 ice cubes
- The recipe specifies to blanch the kale which makes it easier to digest. However, if you don't have the time then you can add it in de-stemmed and raw.
- You can swap the almond butter for cashew butter or peanut butter to mix up your morning flavours.
- I use a very high quality grade matcha tea which is a clear bright green colour. The brighter the green the better the tea quality.
- The finished shake is quite thick. You can thin it down by using more ice cubes and coconut water. If you go down this route then the shake would probably serve 2 people.
Calories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 287mg | Potassium: 1826mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 2920IU | Vitamin C: 56.3mg | Calcium: 251mg | Iron: 4.9mg