Orange, Ginger and Sesame Chicken
Orange, Ginger and Sesame Chicken is an easy stir-fry, so convenient for week night dinners and delicious either by itself or with fragrant basmati rice.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 2 chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 60 ml coconut aminos or tamari or soy sauce (if not gluten-free or Whole30)
- 60 ml orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger cut into matchsticks
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- ½ head of broccoli florets blanched
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into thin batons
- Handful of shredded chinese leaf
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Pour the coconut aminos, the orange juice and the garlic into a medium sized bowl then add the chicken and mix to combine. Leave the chicken to marinate for at least an hour but overnight if possible.
Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a wok over a medium flame until hot.
Remove the chicken from its marinade with a slotted spoon and add to the wok, cooking for 5-10 minutes until the chicken has just turned golden. Remove from the wok and set aside.
Add the rest of the coconut oil to the wok and then when hot add the onion, ginger and chilli and cook until the onion is starting to brown.
Then add the rest of the vegetables and the sesame seeds. Stir fry for 5 minutes on a high heat.
Re-introduce the chicken, combining everything together and serve piping hot with another splash of coconut aminos on top.
Calories: 531kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 989mg | Potassium: 1282mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 10535IU | Vitamin C: 58.7mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2.5mg