The Best Homemade Coleslaw
A light and creamy traditional coleslaw
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 people
- ½ small white cabbage sliced very very thinly
- 2 carrots julienned
- 1 red onion sliced very very thinly
- 1 green pepper sliced very very thinly
- 1 teaspoon Frenchie’s mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- pomegranate seeds optional
- small handful parsley leaves chopped roughly (optional)
In a large bowl toss together the sliced cabbage, onion, green pepper and julienned carrot and set aside whilst you prepare the dressing.
In a small bowl whisk together the mustard, white wine vinegar and seasoning until thoroughly combined and the salt has dissolved.
Drizzle in gradually the olive oil, whisking all the while until it has reached a thick emulsion.
Add the mayonnaise and sour cream and again whisk in until completely combined.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss together until the dressing is evenly dispersed throughout.
Serve with a scattering of pomegranate seeds and chopped parsley.
- Dress the coleslaw at least an hour before serving so that the vegetables can soften and the flavours can meld together.
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 187mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2670IU | Vitamin C: 34.7mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 0.4mg