Chicken Fajita Wild Rice Soup
A flavour packed soup, fresh, comforting and fully satisfying.
Servings: 4 people
- 450 g chicken breast cubed
- 1 teaspoon chipotle in adobo
- 1 teaspoon smoked garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion sliced finely
- ½ red pepper sliced finely
- ½ yellow pepper sliced finely
- ½ green pepper sliced finely
- 100 g sweetcorn kernals
- Juice of ½ orange
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 200 g wild and basmati rice mix cooked
- Optional Toppings: crumbled feta,sour cream, sliced avocado, pumpkin seeds, fresh coriander
Combine the chipotle, garlic powder, paprika, cumin and coriander together then rub into the cubed chicken. Set aside whilst you get the soup started.
Heat the olive oil in a large wide bottomed saucepan then when hot add the onion and peppers and gently fry for about 15 minutes until softened and just starting to catch.
Add the chicken and the sweetcorn and mix in.
Pour over the orange juice, lime juice and the stock and bring everything back up the boil. Once it’s there, turn down to simmer for about 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Stir in the cooked rice then divide between the bowls, topping up with as many accoutrements as your bowls can handle.
Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 638mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Vitamin C: 63mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1.1mg