Honey Chipotle Nut Bowl
A smoky, spicy, sweet and salty snack which can be made with any combination of leftover nuts.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 16 servings
- 300 g mixed nuts (I used pecans, cashews, pistachios, macadamias, hazelnuts)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds crushed
- 15 g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Mix the nuts, sesame seeds, salt, chipotle powder, cumin and coriander seeds together in a large bowl.
Melt the butter with the honey then pour over the rest of the ingredients, mixing well.
Spread it all out on a baking dish lined with greaseproof paper.
Cook for 10 mins, give the nuts a stir then cook for a further 5 mins.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the baking dish before transferring into a serving bowl.
- Keeps well in a cool dark place for a couple of weeks.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg