Almond Flour Brownies
These Almond Flour Brownies are a really simple one-bowl recipe which creates incredibly fudgy and intensely chocolatey gluten-free brownies.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 16 brownies
- 200 g dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 165 g unsalted butter
- 300 g caster sugar
- 150 g almond flour
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan assisted oven/ gas mark 4.
Line and grease an 8 inch square cake tin.
Place the chocolate and unsalted butter in a large glass or metal mixing bowl.
Set the mixing bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water and melt the chocolate and butter.
Once melted, removing the mixing bowl from the top of the saucepan and add the rest of the ingredients.
Beat well until the batter is thick and smooth.
Pour the brownie batter into the prepared cake tin.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove the brownies from the oven and leave to cool in the tin before removing and cutting.
- This recipe uses medium eggs. Although if you only have large eggs then that won’t really be a problem here.
- If you can’t find almond flour then you can substitute ground almonds or almond meal. The texture will just be a little more nubby.
- Cooling the brownies in the tin helps the brownies to set properly. I recommend refrigerating the tin of brownies for about 4 hours too which makes the brownies easier to cut.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 305IU | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2.5mg