Honey Orange & White Wine Chicken Skewers
These Honey Orange & White Wine Chicken Skewers are an easy addition to your summer grilling. The fruity sweet and salty marinade is practically drinkable and takes moments to prepare.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time1 hr 18 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 1.5 kg chicken breasts cut into strips, about 6
- 90 g honey
- 90 ml coconut aminos / tamari or gluten-free soy sauce
- 280 ml white wine
- 280 ml orange juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Whisk together all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl, add the chicken strips then leave for at least 1 hour to marinate.
Whilst your chicken is marinating soak your skewers (if you are using wooden ones) in a bowl of water to stop from burning on the grill.
Thread the chicken strips onto the wooden skewers before placing on a hot grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side before removing and serving.
Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 160mg | Sodium: 641mg | Potassium: 1072mg | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Vitamin C: 26.6mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1.3mg