Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread
This Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread has no yeast so is incredibly quick to make and this version also happens to be vegan and uses no xanthan gum.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 180 g oat flour
- 120 g almond flour
- 60 g potato flour
- 60 g tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 350 ml non-dairy milk
- 1¼ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 20 g ground flaxseeds
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan assisted/gas mark 4. Line the bottom of a 6 inch x 4 inch round cake tin with baking parchment on the bottom and around the insides of the tin.
Whisk the milk with the apple cider vinegar in a jug and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
Sift the flours into a large mixing bowl with the bicarbonate of soda and salt.
Whisk the flaxseeds into the milk and leave for 5 minutes.
Make a well in the middle of the flours and pour in the liquid. Mix well.
Pour the bread dough into the lined cake tin and bake for 45 minutes.
Remove the bread from the oven, leave to rest for 5 minutes before carefully inserting out of the tin and leave to cool on a rack.
- For the non-dairy milk you can use oat milk, coconut milk, almond milk, cashew milk or a combo of any of them.
- Instead of the apple cider vinegar you can use the same amount of lemon juice.
- If you don’t have any flaxseeds to hand then you can swap in ground chia seeds.